What We Do
We help everyone, no matter the circumstances, feel special and part of a family on days we may take for granted. We celebrate those special days with five major programs throughout the year.
- Thanksgiving Day Dinner: Our first and largest program, currently in its 18th year, includes both a sit down dinner for more than 1,000 individuals and the distribution of 700 “thanksgiving baskets” to families including turkeys and food gift certificates from local supermarkets: Winn Dixie and Publix.
- Christmas Joy for Children: includes distribution of toys, clothing and food boxes for children, their families, and the elderly.
- HUGGS(Help Us Give School Supplies) and Smiles along with the Go the Second Mile Program: distributes 2 new sets of clothing/uniforms, sneakers, backpacks, and school supplies to hundreds of children prior to the start of the new school year, helping them to start the school year with a sense of pride and ready to succeed.
- July 4th Jubilee BBQ Picnic: provides free food, clothing, haircuts, and music for the homeless.
- Camp program: assists urban children (ages 10-17) to enjoy a summer camp experience in Missouri for 12 days as a part of the Kids Across America Program.